Yumi Zouma Give Oasis a Shoegaze Wash on ‘She’s Electric’
It's a match made in shoegaze heaven. New Zealand's Yumi Zouma have revisited the Oasis classic "She's Electric," giving it a distinctly Kevin Shields-y feel, with Christie Simpson's vocals sounding dreamier ever against the wall of guitars. It's a fascinating take on the straightforward original, and one that makes us excited for the full-LP cover of What's the Story (Morning Glory)? that Yumi Zouma have on the way. Stream the track below.
The track and the LP are part of a series of cover LPs in the Sounds Delicious series, a vinyl subscription that features covers of Teenage Fanclub's Bandwagonesque by Ben Gibbard and more. Details are below, and you can join in the fun via Turntable Kitchen.
CONFIRMED SOUNDS DELICIOUS SUBSCRIPTION LPs
- Ben Gibbard covering Teenage Fanclub's Bandwagonesque
- The Pains of Being Pure at Heart with Kristin Kontrol and members of Titus Andronicus covering Tom Petty's Full Moon Fever
- Jonathan Rado (Foxygen) covering Bruce Springsteen's Born to Run
- Ava Luna covering Serge Gainsbourg's Histoire de Melody Nelson
- A special collaboration featuring Local Natives, Chris Chu (POP ETC), Evan Voytas, Andy Breihan (Guards / SACCO) and other TBA special guests covering Dennis Wilson's Pacific Ocean Blue